Today I took Cy and Will to an Easter Egg hunt with Jenny and her boys.
The hunt got us thinking about what Easter really means and how to convey this meaning to our boys. So during our nightly routine of getting them to bed, Shane read the Easter story from death to resurrection to Cy and Will. Cy seemed really captivated, so after the story we thought we would try to explain why Jesus died. I asked Cy (Will was just interested in opening and closing his closet at the time) whom Jesus died for. Cy said, "I don't know." Shane said, "Everybody." I thought everybody needed some explanation, so I started listing everyone we know...mommy, daddy, Cy, Will, Grandmas and Papas and cousins and aunts and uncles and Tug and Sam and Seth and Matt and Sam and Jenny and Ben and Justin and Jody.... and right around this time Cy put both his hands on my cheeks and turned my head towards him and said very emphatically, "Mommy, stop it, stop it, I don't know what you're talking about." Giggles erupted from Shane and I. I'm sure he had no idea how funny he was being. I just love them so much and someday he will understand that story and then it will all be worth the many stories that never made sense.
Speaking of kids cracking you up...
Will was walking around like that last Sunday. The only thing I added prior to the picture was the sunglasses. Can anyone say Tom Cruise in Risky Business?
The hunt got us thinking about what Easter really means and how to convey this meaning to our boys. So during our nightly routine of getting them to bed, Shane read the Easter story from death to resurrection to Cy and Will. Cy seemed really captivated, so after the story we thought we would try to explain why Jesus died. I asked Cy (Will was just interested in opening and closing his closet at the time) whom Jesus died for. Cy said, "I don't know." Shane said, "Everybody." I thought everybody needed some explanation, so I started listing everyone we know...mommy, daddy, Cy, Will, Grandmas and Papas and cousins and aunts and uncles and Tug and Sam and Seth and Matt and Sam and Jenny and Ben and Justin and Jody.... and right around this time Cy put both his hands on my cheeks and turned my head towards him and said very emphatically, "Mommy, stop it, stop it, I don't know what you're talking about." Giggles erupted from Shane and I. I'm sure he had no idea how funny he was being. I just love them so much and someday he will understand that story and then it will all be worth the many stories that never made sense.Speaking of kids cracking you up...
Will was walking around like that last Sunday. The only thing I added prior to the picture was the sunglasses. Can anyone say Tom Cruise in Risky Business?
3 comments:
I hear you about explaining stories in the bible in full detail. It's hard to keep them focused and to understand what you are saying, I think we use to many words to explain things- us personally.
*Totally Risky Business- to cute!
Will actually looks kind-of like a little mini Chris Farley version of the "Risky Business" attire instead of Tom Cruise! ;)
Risky Business? I'm thinking Tug Schwab!
Post a Comment