Tuesday, April 07, 2009

April 22nd? What's April 22nd?

I have always thought of "going green" as being on a continuum. No one is totally "green"...I'm not sure if you can ever arrive on that scene. Maybe because it is always changing with new ideas, etc. For awhile now I have wanted to make it a tradition to do something on Earth Day with my family. Here is the idea I have come up with. Every year on Earth day the Cress family will decide to add at least one more thing we could do to move us a little further down the "green" continuum. I am thinking maybe this year we will start hanging more clothes on the line to dry, I will look into composting (not committing yet), I will collect rain water for watering flowers, and I'll make a better effort at using our cloth diapers on the weekends with Will. Check out this website to get some ideas on what you could do this year.

St. Louis also has an incredible Earth Day Festival every year. We've never been, but we are definitely making the effort this year(April 26th from 11 AM to 6 PM in Forest Park on the Muny Grounds). I believe they do some extra recycling during that weekend...So, if you are reading this and you have a massive amount of paint cans in your garage, I may be devising a plan to make them go away. You know who you are.

If you would like to celebrate Earth Day with us we would be excited for the company. Or if you have any other ideas, please comment.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh that sounds like fun!!! And I know that we have some paint cans that we would like to get rid of. Jeff has some too... What do they do with them. I think that I would like to use more cloth napkins vs paper. Start small you know. (wink)And I'll find berries other than s-berry to make into jelly!