Sunday, April 05, 2009

Money money money

Yesterday at the mall, Cy spotted a kiddie train he wanted to ride. When we told him he couldn't, he was very upset. We explained to him that we didn't have money for that. The best way I knew how I tried to explain to our toddler that Mommy and Daddy don't ever carry cash, we pay for things with checks and debit cards...not that we would have let him ride if we would have had the cash.
Later that day as Shane was walking out of Target with him, Cy saw a dollar bill on the ground. When it was obvious the bill didn't belong to anyone, Shane let him pick it up and put it in his pocket. Cy then said, "I found money, now we can ride the train."
He never ceases to crack us up.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Tug is so trained when we are in the store that if he sees something he wants he automatically says, "Put it on my birthday list". There are a few crazy things on his "birthday list" boxes of cereal, a Litchtening McQueen folder, and toys for when he is older!