So anyway, what does this have to do with my title? Well, I like comic books. I'm writing my thesis about comics. I've taught Cy to recognize Iron Man, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, and the Incredible Hulk--you know, the big gun superheroes. Last night, Karen had the following conversation with Cy:
Karen: Do you want to buy a present for Daddy?
Cy: Yeah.
Karen: Daddy deserves a present, doesn't he?
Cy: Yes.
Karen: Daddy works hard, doesn't he?
Cy: Yes
Karen: What kind of present should we get Daddy?
Cy: Daddy, Superman.
Karen: Daddy is Superman?
Cy: Yes, Daddy Superman!
Karen: We better get Daddy a good present then.
Cy: Yes.
So, here's what I had waiting for me when I got home:
So, let me say this: I like comic books, but I love my family, and I couldn't do what I do without them. Karen, thank you for loving me and knowing how to cheer me up. I love you.
4 comments:
What up? I don't know if I got anything from the organic veggie stand. I bought some green beans,somewhere, they were great. I did get apples from the place with $3 bags. I wish I would have bought more. They were so fresh. I love how you can mix the different kinds of apple too! I did see the meat stand there. Do you buy meat there? Do you even eat meat... Are you still vegetarian?
You should give me a "schpleel" sometimes about "organic" food. I really don't know a lot about it. I could maybe be easily persuaded to buy more natural foods. I think if we had more $ at this point in our lives I would probably buy organic, but man, groceries seem so high already.
Better yet, you should do a class at church on whole foods and canning and gardening and green living and so on and so forth.... I would definitely go. I think a lot of others would, too. I think you probably have a well of knowledge about some things I have probably never thought of. I'm in need of an education!
Shane,
(This is Heath and Lindsey)
We know the feeling, well. When life is busy, it is very easy for us (Mainly me, Lindsey) to fall under the weight of stress, expectation, anxiety... you name it. But, know that God always sees you through it, and you are never alone in your trials. Thank God for the people, (Your loving wife and sons), He puts in our lives to walk beside us.
Be encouraged. You are in our prayers.
That was pretty sweet. We will see you guys tonight?
I would make you cookies, but dizziness would not be stressless! We are glad to see you when we do and please know we are praying your fam through this time!
Post a Comment