Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Field Trips

On Saturdays Shane works on his thesis. I have been trying to take the boys somewhere every Saturday to get out of his way. This Saturday we went to the Magic House. We go there from time to time. This destination had the added bonus of offering a huge energy outlet to my very energetic William. He seems to have a never ending supply of energy lately. There was a new exhibit at the Magic House this time. We spent most of our time with this exhibit. I bet you can't guess what my son would love to spend tons of time doing? Yep that's right, playing with a car. This car exhibit was great! You can take the tires on and off and push buttons in the engine. Cy took those tires off that car over and over and over again!
While Cy rotated and balanced the tires, Will carried around the "antifreeze" and filled up the car's fluids.Then I got real brave and let them paint. I am still trying to get the paint out of those clothes (don't worry the paint comes out, it just takes a couple of washes). They had a lot of fun.
I love taking the boys on what I call field trips. I really do feel like they learn things from these trips. Perhaps it seems like I spoil them, but I just want them to have every opportunity to explore the world. Plus Will has had more energy lately than I know what to do with. Shane & I have decided that he has to have at least an hour of intensive play time everyday whether it be at a playground, our sandbox in the back yard, or field trips on the weekends. If you have any other ideas for ways Will can burn his extra energy I am open to suggestions.

No comments: