Saturday, June 07, 2008

Happenings

So this week has been a full week.
I am only teaching tumbling on Monday mornings for the summer and Cy & Tug are my last class of the day. They had a good time at the gym...mostly because they wanted to run the long runway over and over. They did a few rolls, jumped on the trampoline and a few other things. I'm not sure if he'll take any tumbling knowledge with him from this experience, other than how to do a roll and hopefully get over his fear of trampolines. Overall, I think Cy had a blast and when he went down for his nap that afternoon he was exhausted.
FYI: There are more pictures of the tumblers in the photo album titled tumbling.

On Thursday we went to a track meet in Wood River that is open to the public in all age groups. Shane competed in the 100 meter dash the prior Thursday, and that is a story I will let him share. But Cy competed this week. He jumped the long jumped. He jumped a whole 8 inches, and he loved every minute of it. Well except for the waiting in line part, he wanted it to be his turn everytime. Then he ran the 100 meter dash. His finishing time was 1 minute 24 seconds! Well I guess the good news is it can only get better from there and that he enjoyed it. To be fair, there was a kid that was around 18 months old that kept stopping beside him and he kept stopping to see what was going on with him. So maybe he could have come in under a minute without all the distractions...we'll just have to see next week. Sorry I have no picture of Cy running because we took video instead. I am trying to figure out how to upload small videos on here so maybe it will show up soon.

Just a few hours ago Shane finished a tire swing for our play area. It was super easy and cheap to make. We even have 2 more extra tires if anyone else wants them. Cy was a little fearful of the swing but Will enjoyed sitting on my lap and swinging. Secretly I wanted Shane to make the swing so I could swing on it. Seriously who doesn't love a tire swing?!

No comments: