Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fostering a love for books

The other day I was reading one of Cy's favorite books to him, Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss. After I read it, I handed it to him and said now you read it. I turned around figuring he would flip through the pages a few times and then throw it aside. Instead he started reciting words from the pages. Now I know he wasn't reading, but as I listened so intentently to what I knew was memory skills at work, I couldn't help but be proud of all of the little ways he is learning and growing up. There are a few other books that Cy loves and we read constantly that come to mind...The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon Stone and Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You by Dr. Seuss. So my question to all of you is, what books do your kids love and consequently you have to read over and over?

No comments: