Last week was Easter Sunday. I had thought a lot about what Easter Sunday means the week prior. We had a small group meeting where we talked about how it is good to be reminded about God's ultimate sacrifice on Easter, but we should always be remembering this. We debated about whether the church calendar is a hindrance to the lost or if having special Sundays really is an important evangelism tool. This is a short synopsis of a very long conversation that got me charged up and thinking. So needless to say there was a lot more to it than that.
Anyhow, on Sunday I heard the best Easter sermon I have ever heard. It was not just for the lost, which I feel sometimes happens on holidays, (since that is the only time of year some hear about God) but it was for all of us. This sermon solidified for me that it is important to celebrate communally at church and that it is right and appropriate to have a church calendar. While I was sitting there in church I wanted everyone I knew to be there too. I wanted others to hear this sermon and not only to remember with me God's sacrifice for us but to also celebrate together. I wanted to feel united in our celebration. Here is a link to the sermon. Click on download for the March 23 sermon by Steve Manning. I hope you feel as much as a desire as I did to celebrate God.
1 comment:
I loved that sermon too!
Post a Comment