So I haven't sat down to a computer now for a week. This is what happened.
Last Saturday morning I was at the computer and Cy was on my lap. Something started to install out of nowhere and I tried to cancel it becuase it wasn't something we wanted on our computer. Then Cy hit a button. The computer froze and we called for Shane. Shane force quit the computer (which he has since said is never a good idea) and to make a long story short we (all 3 of the 4 members of the Cress family) played a part in frying our hard drive. Slowly we realized all of the things on the computer that were priceless to us. I realized that I hadn't backed up any pictures since Will was born. All of our college papers were gone. Now I often don't give Shane credit for being able to do repairs around the house, take a look at our drywall sometime:), but he is a wiz at trying to repair a damaged hard drive. However in the end, we found out (after multiple phone calls to Shane's dad and Dell) that there was nothing we could do without taking it somewhere that has file retrieval software. We took it to WAM on Tuesday and got it back yesterday and I am happy to report that all files were successfully saved. So friends and family, I hope this reminds all of you to back up those hard drives.
1 comment:
Wow, that must have made your heart sink. I am glad that you recovered everything.
Post a Comment