Saturday, December 04, 2010

Prego facts

Each of my pregnancies have been different. This one is full of it's own peculiarities.

* We are due February 8th...9 weeks left.
* I have craved fruit this pregnancy. But nothing else very constant. I do drink a fruit smoothie made from orange juice, yogurt, a banana, strawberries, and blueberries almost every morning.
* I get sick at night. I try to eat as much as I can in the morning as possible. Starting a few weeks ago my lunch has started to make me sick too.
* Even the smell of McDonald's makes me ill.
* I take medicine for nausea. If I didn't pregnancy would be intolerable, but I still feel way better than when I was pregnant with Cy and Will.
* This little girl kicks harder than her brothers did. Shane can attest to this, it is not just me forgetting what it was like. She will all of a sudden move making short "spastic" movements. It can kind of freak me out if I'm not ready for it. I do love feeling my babies move inside me.
* I sleep on my stomach still. It's a little modified, so don't worry I'm not crushing her.
* My bladder is the size of a pea. I have to go so much more often than in prior pregnancies. This makes me believe I am caring lower or something.
* I am terrified of the birth this time. I have given birth twice without drugs and have found the experience to be empowering. However, it's still not easy and hence I am terrified.
* I gave birth to Will in 51 minutes. So if I go into labor, don't be surprised if I drop everything and speed to the hospital.
* I have had braxton hicks contractions from about 20 weeks on with all three of my kids.
* Shane has now done most of the dishes, vacuuming, dusting, etc for the last 7 months. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband who takes care of me when I'm not at my best.
* I hate being pregnant, but I love the outcome. It is all worth it.

1 comment:

mrs. fisher's findings said...

This was fun to read, thanks Karen! Good luck with the delivery, I'm sure you'll do great!