Back in September during our town's homecoming, Cy was selected to be the ring bearer at the homecoming dance. He rode on top of a convertible in the parade.
He then got to dress up like a little man to present the crown. He told us that he was going on a bear hunt since he had the job of being the crown "bear"er. His little mind is always in overdrive when it comes to his imagination. So everyone had to do a short biography, including the crown bearers. It included questions like "who are your parents" and the real kicker..."What do you want to do when you grow up?" Well, that's how I phrased it to him. He replied, "When I get big, I want to drink soda." They did announce that at the dance. You have to really listen to hear it, but the laughter can certainly be heard. Once the crown has been given to the new king, it is customary that the court dance. At the end of the video below, you can see the students trying to get Cy and the little girl to dance. When that didn't work the student tried to dance with him. Watch his reaction. Poor guy--he's going to have to have a better response the next time a girl asks him to dance. Perhaps that's a mom's job to teach her son how to dance.
He then got to dress up like a little man to present the crown. He told us that he was going on a bear hunt since he had the job of being the crown "bear"er. His little mind is always in overdrive when it comes to his imagination. So everyone had to do a short biography, including the crown bearers. It included questions like "who are your parents" and the real kicker..."What do you want to do when you grow up?" Well, that's how I phrased it to him. He replied, "When I get big, I want to drink soda." They did announce that at the dance. You have to really listen to hear it, but the laughter can certainly be heard. Once the crown has been given to the new king, it is customary that the court dance. At the end of the video below, you can see the students trying to get Cy and the little girl to dance. When that didn't work the student tried to dance with him. Watch his reaction. Poor guy--he's going to have to have a better response the next time a girl asks him to dance. Perhaps that's a mom's job to teach her son how to dance.
1 comment:
I love it!!! I'm so glad you posted this - wish I could have made it. He's so stinking cute. I love how he made a mad dash for it when they tried to get him to dance. May have to work on that one. . .;)
Post a Comment