Saturday, November 28, 2009
Anticipating Christmas
I braved the crowds and did some holiday shopping late yesterday morning , the day after Thanksgiving. Cy really wanted to go with me and after I explained to him that it was going to be a really long day, he still wanted to go. We went to the Denver Mattress Co, Target, Family Christian Bookstore, Babies R Us, and the mall. While in Family Christian Stores, Cy found a Larry Boy figurine and a Larry Boy car. He was very good about it and didn't ask for the toy, but I could tell he really really wanted it. So I told him that I would get it for his birthday, since I had already bought all of his Christmas presents. Once we got home, he searched the whole house for Larry Boy and wasn't so good about it anymore. This morning in his mad hunt to find Larry Boy, he came across a box of other Christmas stuff...stashed in the laundry room where they never go, in an nondescript box, closed shut with another box on top of it. He found another present of his, slinky dog from Toy Story. He brought it upstairs and said Mom can you help me with this. My mouth hit the floor. Now he knows two presents that we have bought for him. How do we divert his attention?! We've already counted that it is 28 days until Christmas and 51 days until his birthday. I'm not sure I can hold out for the 28-51 days of hearing Mom, can I please have Slinky Dog/Larry Boy. Any advice that doesn't include giving in, cause I'd love to hear it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you could try hiding the toys in the garage? Put it in a box or something, like you did in the laundry room!
Post a Comment