Saturday, October 24, 2009

Kitchen remodel almost complete

So a lot has been happening, but not a lot of posting. Sorry, that's what happens when you're super busy. However I am excited to share with you some of our new changes. Cabinets have been installed. They are cream, the flash washed them out. You'll have to come over for a better look.One part of the counter tops came in yesterday. Island counter top is on back order. Boo...however we are glad that they delivered the available counter top already so I can have a sink again. I am loving the butcher block everywhere. It's so nice to see most everything come together and be happy with the results. Please don't look too closely at the mess on the island. While I have put stuff away in the cabinets I want it put away in the best place possible. If I'm not sure where that is yet I haven't put it away.
Yet to be done...Railing around the stairs...should happen around Wednesday, pulls and knobs, sink and faucet hooked up, island counter top installed, microwave installed, and last bit of trim to be put back. However, we are thinking about replacing all the trim now. The fridge will eventually be replaced but not yet. Man, that sounds like a lot. One step at a time, it'll get done.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the picture with Caspian sitting in the open island top. I think he's happy that that section of counter top is back-ordered. It gives him a new place to sit! It's looking good you guys! Maybe we can come visit next weekend and see it in person?? :)

mrs. fisher's findings said...

Looks great Karen! We'll have to plan a visit here soon, so the boys can play too. My sister is expecting in late December, and she lives in St. Louis, so maybe we can plan for a time around then. I love to see what's up with the Cress family whenever you post something on your blog. :)