Wednesday, September 09, 2009

My 3 year old loves his violent bible stories

My mom sang a David and Goliath song to me when I was kid and when Cy was just days old I would sing this same song to him. It would often calm him down, probably the repetition of hearing it everyday became soothing. Here is a clip of Shane singing the song to Cy and Will at bedtime. However you should know this is really a mommy thing, but I was NOT going to sing on camera. You should also know that Shane sang it a bit "country." I just love that Cy is strumming his "night night dog" like a guitar.

Because of this song, Cy knows the David and Goliath story backward and forward. Here is a video of the story being read at bedtime. It's like it's proof of the hundreds of times that song has been sung over him. Plus it is his number one requested bible story to be read at bedtime, not to mention his love of the Veggie Tales version titled "Dave and the Giant Pickle." Oh and you should also know the reason Shane reads the story with that inflection is to sould like Bob the Tomato. :) Did you have a favorite bible story or song as a kid?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That brings tears to my eyes to listen to you pass along such a rich heritage to your children! What a sweet video! We are blessed to call you guys friends! And I have heard you sing that song Karen, you sound sweet! When are you teaching it to the rest of the church children?

mrs. fisher's findings said...

I love it! I know a couple stories that our boys can read to us, but they aren't Bible stories. Sadness. Your kids are on a good start! Way to go!

And I love how Will is just doing his own thing in both these videos! :)