Looking back at 2008...
- I went back to work as a guidance counselor at Staunton High School.
- I gave up caffeine.
- I took back up my caffeine addiction...seriously!
- Shane started teaching Physics.
- Shane coached high school girl's track.
- Shane put in countless hours of grad school work.
- Cy learned to count to 16, learned many shapes, and colors.
- Cy learned how to ride a tricycle.
- Cy began potty training.
- Cy ran in his first ever track meet.
- Cy read through his bible twice.
- Will learned to sit up, eat, crawl, walk, run, speak, etc.
- Will gave up his pacifier.
- Will took back his pacifier.
- The boys sleep in the same room, each in their own big boy bed.
I'm not sure we have any resolutions, but we have choices that we have resolved to make and do for the 2009 year.
- Shane will finish his graduate degree and earn a master of arts in English with a specialization in American and English literature. There will be a celebration in May.
- Shane and I will either go on a mission trip or go on vacation to California.
- Shane will paint every room in our house that hasn't been painted since we moved in.
- We will put in new hardwood flooring into our dining room and add a kitchen table. Yes, we will have lived in our house for 6 years before we got a kitchen table. There's nothing like a little or a lot of patience.
- We will put in/replace carpet in all 3 of the bedrooms and replace the linoleum in the green bathroom.
- I will talk Shane into buying a new truck...you know one that the whole family can fit into. I love you, Shane.
- We will read through our Bible at least once.
- Cy will potty in his potty chair or I will lose all of my hair... look for which occurs next in 2009.
- Cy will learn his ABC's.
- Cy will begin preschool (as long as I still have hair--otherwise he's not allowed).
- Cy will learn to ride a bicycle with training wheels.
- Will shall learn to name his body parts.
- Will shall get the rest of his teeth.
- Will shall give up his pacifier.
- Will shall learn many, many new words.
- Cy and Will shall read through their bible.
I'm sure there will be many surprises (hopefully not the ones that involve sleepless nights and spitting up). We look forward to sharing another year with all of you. Happy New Year.
1 comment:
What about get a membership to Fusion and learn how to swim like a fish?
Post a Comment