Saturday, August 30, 2008

Yum Yum

Aren't these vegetables beautiful?!

Litchfield has a farmer's market (by the library) every Saturday morning through September. These vegetables are from a stand of a farmer and his wife name John and Emma. They sell only organic vegetables and also raise organic beef. John loves to talk about why it is important to eat organic and I am always willing to listen. In a few weeks we are buying a 1/4 of a cow from them. So any of you interested in eating organic at all should visit their stand some Saturday or better yet go in on a cow with us.

I have wanted to post something about why we buy some organic products. I was nervous about being transparent about this. But I thought I would leave you with this short article if you want to check it out. But if you are really interested, I can talk for a long time about this subject. Name the place and time and I'll bring the coffee.

3 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

How does that long,
skinny eggplant taste compared to the darker, thicker ones?

cressfamily said...

I had never had one of those either. It tasted the same but was better suited for a stir fry.

Angie and Patrick said...

Hi karen, I have a couple questions about organic products. I used to eat alot of organic foods when I was about 5 years younger. I know it is hard to believe I wasnt a teen ager at that time! haha just joking. Well anyway Patrick got me a food processor for our anniversary and the reason was so that I could one day make my own baby food and to put secret ingrediants in my food. Do you have any receipes on these things? or any organic reciepes that I could try out. Patrick and I wish more than anything to live a healthier life. Just let me know what you think. Wow sorry I am writing a book for you to read. Thank you. And I would like to talk to you about organic foods and how it affects your body. Do you feel better (healthier) due to eating organically? do you think it has made a major impact in your life? just wondering! thanks