Saturday, August 02, 2008

Sesser saves on gas

My hometown Sesser is in southern Illinois. It is a very small town. Many people know where it is based upon its proximity to Rend Lake. However, other than that I don't think it is a very prevalant area. Anyhow Ben told Shane & I the other day that he read in the State Journal Register that Sesser just passed an ordinance to allow golf carts to be driven on the streets. If that is not funny enough, the alderman stated that he hoped to buy one for the city to use. I asked my parents about this today and they told me the city did purchase one. My dad said that he in fact had seen the mayor (who has been mayor ever since I can remember) riding around town in a golf cart the other day. What an interesting fact. So the question is...Is Sesser on the edge of innovation or is this ordinance a little off the deep end?

No comments: