Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fear

Well, we can add fire trucks to the list of things that Cy is afraid of. This morning we took a walk. On the walk, Cy heard a fire truck and as always when we hear a fire truck, he gets excited. So we decided that we would walk past the fire house in hopes that their doors would be open and he could see a truck or two. While we were walking past, a fireman asked us if Cy would like to climb up in one, in fact any truck he wanted. I got Cy out of the wagon and he started screaming. We gave him several chances to change his mind, all with the same end result of a whining loud, "NOOO." Even now when we bring it up and ask if he would like to go back he says, "no." Where does this fear come from? He is not afraid of normal things like the dark or monsters. Why water, carousels, and fire trucks. On a plus side, Cy and I went swimming at Fusion with Jenny and Tug. After 30 minutes of sitting beside the pool, he finally got in. However, he was still very cautious and didn't go down the slide until the very last second.

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments: