Friday, May 09, 2008

Cyan's a big boy

I have begun potty training with Cy. Monday we had a potty party. I read the book Potty Train your Child in Just One Day . Now I know that this concept isn't magic and I knew Cy wouldn't be magically trained after one day. The potty party day was just a kick off for the many days that are ahead for us.
In the morning we trained a Curious George doll.











George went pee and poop in the potty many times and he had accidents. For the accidents I had a water bottle inside him and when I needed him to go I squirted it (thanks for loaning me the bottle Jenny) and for poop I molded tootsie rolls. We watched videos about potty training and read a ton of books about P.T.
In the afternoon the diaper came off and Cy started potty training.











He went 5 times that afternoon! YEAH! He has a couple of good days since Monday and a couple of bad days. I do think that having the potty party helped him understand what I expect, but I am not sure it actually helped him learn how to go or how to hold it until you get to the potty. I guess that comes with on the job training. I am sure there are many stories on this blog to come about the many trials of potty training. So stay tuned till next time.

1 comment:

Brandijo said...

Wow, you had a lot of preparations! Maybe I need to take a note from you. I just started taking Christian into the bathroom, etc. And when he would go reward him with a sticker. If Cy seems to understand it better the way your doing it would you let know. I might have to try the video thing!