Friday, May 09, 2008

All Aboard

Today I felt like getting out of town, so I did. Cy, Will, and I went to St. Louis to the Transportation Museum. I have been meaning to take Cy there for a while, because he loves cars and has recently become very interested in trains and I knew that they had a train that you could ride. Anyhow I got there and it started raining and the train does not run in the rain. Major bummer...especially for the kid whose mother was talking about how cool it will be to ride the train all morning long. Cy was a trooper and thought it was good enough to go up inside a few historical trains they had on site. He even got to ride on a trolley.
After exploring the trains we went into the Creation Station for toddlers at the museum. Basically it was just a big play room full of car, train, boat, and plane toys. Cy immediately went to the humongous area dedicated to Thomas the train toys and stayed there for the rest of our allotted hour. This is funny because I have tried my best for 2 1/2 years (and will continue to try) to keep Cy away from any and all Thomas toys. I knew he would love them and we would always be on that never ending journey of collecting Thomas junk. I guess I was right.
Anyhow it was a really great place for toddlers, especially boys. We will be going again soon to ride that train. If anyone wants to board the train with us you are more than welcome.

No comments: