Thursday, April 17, 2008

rant

Ok so I have a confession to make. Sometimes I watch a talkshow during the day. I never thought I would be one of those people, but I am. I only watch if someone interesting is on or if the topic is intriguing or if they don't make me angry. Today was one of those days that made me angry or at least mildly annoyed. Every so often on one of these shows, I notice that the guest has a giant size hole in their heart that they try to fix. I often think gosh, if only they knew how to fill that hole in their heart with the things of God, they could stop this ridiculous search they are on. Today someone was talking about how it is important to put yourself first and to also find quiet time for yourself. While that is a good concept and finding time for yourself is important, I believe that the time would be better spent and more useful to them if they spent some time putting God first and having quiet time with God. I am not saying I have this down or that this is part of my day everyday. But it can be quite frustrating to watch people so obviously searching and missing it completely. It makes me frustrated to watch the person search, but angry to see them use the talkshow platform as well as their book to tell people that they have the answer to their misguided feelings. I guess the road to God is suppose to be narrow but I do wish that more people would just look up and realize what they are missing.

Thanks for listening to me rant.

No comments: