Okay, so our friend Jody wrote about why she and Justin chose the names for each of their kids on her blog http://thejlaughlins.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-we-came-to-decision.html. She then challenged us to write the same. Since she is the one who applies the peer pressure to write these blogs in the first place I tought that I should take up her challenge. :)
William Oran-
I will start with the easy one to write about. William Oran is named after my and Shane's dads. My dad's name is William and Shane's dad's name is Oran. These are also 4th generation names. My grandfather's name was Arthur William, my dad's name is William Arthur (Sr), and my brother's name is William Arthur (Jr), and our William Oran makes the fourth generation of WIlliams on the Hottensen (my maiden name) side. FYI: If you ever call my son Bill or Billy I might come unglued...my dad goes by Bill and my brother goes by Billy, therefore my son is Will!Shane's grandpa's name was Oran, Shane's dad is Oran, Shane's middle name is Oran, and our William Oran makes the fourth generation of Orans on the Cress side. Sometimes we call him our Prince William or Sir William when he is being especially hard to handle. I also call him Will-I-am from time to time. If Will was a girl he was going to be named Lana Joy.
Cyan Isaiah-
Shane should really be the one to write about this name. He chose it. We fought over this name all nine months. There were even like 3 or 4 months that it was off the table. I will not tell you where we got it and if you know you are sworn to secrecy so please don't tell my child. :) I will tell you that Isaiah was picked because we wanted a good biblical name and we wanted the name to be a prophet from the bible. I really liked Isaiah as a first name and sort of wish we hadn't used it so if he have another boy in the future we could use it then. Now I can not imagine Cy with any other name. I love his name even though it is mispronouced and mispelled constantly. :) Cy has a ton of nicknames. Sometimes we call Cy our small fry, Cy-fi, Cy-fry, or Cy-pie. If Cy was a girl he was going to be named Alexis (Alex) Joy Cress.
Anyhow that's the skinny on the Cress names. Now it's your turn to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment