Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Praise
A few days before Christmas, we took the advice of Justin and Jody and went to Grace Church in STL to see a Christmas production. It was a drum concert of sorts. It was absolutely amazing to see people beat on bass drums bigger than I have ever seen and drums connected to some sort of piping and all other sorts of drum equipment which I could never do justice to in describing. At one point I asked Shane how much money was on stage. He said he guessed that there was around a quarter of a million at least. At first I thought wow that's a lot of money. But as I became more and more awe struck by the talent, I realized that was money well spent. I'm sure that the praise that happened that night was pleasing to God, and what better way to spend our money than in praise to God. If we all spent our time and money honing our talents that God gave us, how many more lives could be blessed? On a side note...Shane this does not give you reason to buy more guitar gear, you have enough gear to hone your skills at home. Here is a link to a clip of the program on youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_urwP8vW0ZM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the drum thing is really cool. there are 4 clips there. did you see all 4? they need to be longer. when i left the earlier comment, i didn't realize that they were links. sorry, i wasn't asking for a link.
Post a Comment