Friday, January 04, 2008

one of those nights

We all have those things that we swear we will never let our children do, but in the name of sanity we break down and allow them to do them anyway. I have a short list of these things...putting my children to sleep on their stomachs, heating the bottle up in the microwave, giving them sweets too early in life, etc. Last night I added one to this list. I think I was awake more than I was asleep because Will is getting his first tooth. We discovered that the pacifier was the only thing that soothed him. He gave up the pacifier months ago and it is fine that he needs it again, except that last night he would not go to sleep without it. I have always said that I would never put my children to bed with a pacifier because then they wake up and you have to go into their rooms just to put it back in their mouths. However, last night in the name of sanity I stuck the pacifier in his mouth and put him to bed. Today, I am tired and living on caffeine, but I have kept my sanity. I am proud to report that as we speak Will is down for a nap peacefully sucking on his pacifier.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Aren't babies with pacifiers so cute? And I bet Will looks marvelous!

Jody said...

Sam has been fussing about his teeth the last couple of days. I wish I had some of those teething tablets to give him. At least the pacifier works.