At bible school back in June, there was a theme each night such as Jesus provides, Jesus forgives, Jesus saves, etc. Cy really latched onto the idea of Jesus saves and has brought it up several times since then. Today he brought it up in church...
Cy: Mommy, Jesus saves?
me: Yes, he will if we ask him to.
Cy: Someday, Jesus will save me.
me: (thinking fast... should I even continue this conversation with my 3 year old...I was feeling bold)
Cy: (nodded his head)
me: Can you say Dear Jesus, please save me?
Cy: Dear Jesus, please save me.
me: Amen.
Cy: Amen.
When I relayed this message back to Shane we both said that he is too young to really understand what he was saying, but we had no doubt that Jesus will save him someday. Or maybe we should just have a little more childlike faith. Either way Jesus is working on his little heart and I just wanted to share how God moves in even the youngest of us.
3 comments:
Oh the impact of VBS... perhaps you should share that with the church? I know the lady in charge of children's ministry (wink)! That is a super cool conversation and one I am sure you will cherish always!
That is so sweet.
I definately know that Jesus works in our little one's, that is great that Cy is already feeling him work in him. What a blessing.
Post a Comment