Yesterday, Cy turned three. We started the day with this sentence, "Mom, I have to go poop," and a rush to the toilet. We are getting closer to being potty trained. Still no actual evidence, but he is trying. Then we moved on to our traditional birthday breakfast. I made Cy a stack of pancakes (with three candles on top) and some bacon (one of his favorites).
After breakfast we went to the Magic House in St. Louis. We met up with Grandma Corning (Shane's mom), Grandma & Papa Hottensen (Karen's parents), Uncle Chris (Karen's brother) and cousin Allie (Chris' daughter). We saw the new addition to the Magic House and it was AMAZING! A blast! I recommend it to everyone. They had huge musical instruments, here is Cy playing a harp.
They had a big room full of fairy tale stuff (great for girls), a CSI type thing decked out with a secret passageway that led to duct works in the ceiling that you climbed through to get to a big slide (you had to be at least 5 for this), a few rooms that were dedicated to the legislative & executive branch as well as a copy of the Oval Office. They also had an area that was a kids construction zone, but we didn't go there since it was partly outside. Cy also started climbing on this play area that went from the lowest level to the third floor that was inspired by Jack and the Beanstalk.
He got stuck and started to cry. The kids didn't go just one direction (up or down), so it was a little crowded. We eventually had to get the worker to close off the tower, and his cousin Allie came to his rescue and guided him out. So a word of warning: that activity might be better for older and more aggressive children. We played in some of our favorite old spots as well. Here is Cy putting tires on a car with his Papa Hottensen.
Here is Allie with her dad in the play grocery store.
Here's Will playing in the big sand box.
All the kids had a blast, and I think family did too as they wathced them play. I know I did.
Once we were done at the Magic House, we all went to Uno's for lunch and Aunt Erin (Shane's sister) met up with us too.
We ate lots of good pizza. But Cy was SUPER excited about the George cake. 
A student of Shane's made this cake for $15 (we gave her a little more). She is an AMAZING baker and will probably be very successful at this craft in life. If you ever need a cake we'll give you her name.
Here Cy is telling his Grandma exactly what part of George he wanted to eat.
We had a great day and both Cy and Will are sleeping the day away as I type.
I can hardly believe my oldest baby turned three. It really does seem just like yesterday that I was holding a pink skinned little boy whose searching eyes were wide open for hours.
I remember listening to him cry and being so afraid to hold him. I remember bringing him home and thinking, "they let us just walk out of the hospital with this kid and expect us to just take care of him now?" I remember Shane having to walk the house with him to get him to sleep. Then I would wake with him and feed him. I will never forget how much he loved to cuddle and every first is burned in my brain.
As much as I miss that time, I love the age Cy is now. He is such a unique kid. He loves his friends. He can play with just about anybody, but prefers Tug, Matt, and Seth...and of course Will. He is just like his dad in that he gets hung up on hobbies or certain interests. Cy loves cars, trains, basically anything with wheels, wings, or rudders. He loves Curious George and dinosaurs. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't play with his cars on the steps or act out a scene with his cars from the movie Cars, line books up to make tracks for his trains, pretend to be scared of dinosaurs, or beg me to watch a George. Cyan loves to read and when he learns something new he wants nothing but to tell you all about it or use that new knowledge. Above all else, we want him love Jesus as his Lord and Savior and to make wise and discerning decisions based on God's truth. Only time will tell, but God has given him some awesome strengths and giftings. We love our three year old and we enjoy getting to know him more and more as he grows and discovers the world.
After breakfast we went to the Magic House in St. Louis. We met up with Grandma Corning (Shane's mom), Grandma & Papa Hottensen (Karen's parents), Uncle Chris (Karen's brother) and cousin Allie (Chris' daughter). We saw the new addition to the Magic House and it was AMAZING! A blast! I recommend it to everyone. They had huge musical instruments, here is Cy playing a harp.
They had a big room full of fairy tale stuff (great for girls), a CSI type thing decked out with a secret passageway that led to duct works in the ceiling that you climbed through to get to a big slide (you had to be at least 5 for this), a few rooms that were dedicated to the legislative & executive branch as well as a copy of the Oval Office. They also had an area that was a kids construction zone, but we didn't go there since it was partly outside. Cy also started climbing on this play area that went from the lowest level to the third floor that was inspired by Jack and the Beanstalk.
He got stuck and started to cry. The kids didn't go just one direction (up or down), so it was a little crowded. We eventually had to get the worker to close off the tower, and his cousin Allie came to his rescue and guided him out. So a word of warning: that activity might be better for older and more aggressive children. We played in some of our favorite old spots as well. Here is Cy putting tires on a car with his Papa Hottensen.
Here is Allie with her dad in the play grocery store.
Here's Will playing in the big sand box.
All the kids had a blast, and I think family did too as they wathced them play. I know I did.Once we were done at the Magic House, we all went to Uno's for lunch and Aunt Erin (Shane's sister) met up with us too.
We ate lots of good pizza. But Cy was SUPER excited about the George cake. 
A student of Shane's made this cake for $15 (we gave her a little more). She is an AMAZING baker and will probably be very successful at this craft in life. If you ever need a cake we'll give you her name.Here Cy is telling his Grandma exactly what part of George he wanted to eat.
We had a great day and both Cy and Will are sleeping the day away as I type.I can hardly believe my oldest baby turned three. It really does seem just like yesterday that I was holding a pink skinned little boy whose searching eyes were wide open for hours.
I remember listening to him cry and being so afraid to hold him. I remember bringing him home and thinking, "they let us just walk out of the hospital with this kid and expect us to just take care of him now?" I remember Shane having to walk the house with him to get him to sleep. Then I would wake with him and feed him. I will never forget how much he loved to cuddle and every first is burned in my brain.As much as I miss that time, I love the age Cy is now. He is such a unique kid. He loves his friends. He can play with just about anybody, but prefers Tug, Matt, and Seth...and of course Will. He is just like his dad in that he gets hung up on hobbies or certain interests. Cy loves cars, trains, basically anything with wheels, wings, or rudders. He loves Curious George and dinosaurs. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't play with his cars on the steps or act out a scene with his cars from the movie Cars, line books up to make tracks for his trains, pretend to be scared of dinosaurs, or beg me to watch a George. Cyan loves to read and when he learns something new he wants nothing but to tell you all about it or use that new knowledge. Above all else, we want him love Jesus as his Lord and Savior and to make wise and discerning decisions based on God's truth. Only time will tell, but God has given him some awesome strengths and giftings. We love our three year old and we enjoy getting to know him more and more as he grows and discovers the world.
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Cyan! It looks like he had a wonderful day. I am right there with you-I couldn't believe that they let us take a baby home so unexperienced.
I think the things we write about our kids would be precious to them later. How do we pile up all funny shories and the loving words we have for them?
Post a Comment