Sunday, August 17, 2008

FFG Camping Trip #9

I love Greenville College. It brought me a great education, spiritual guidance that I was desperately in need of in that time of my life, a wonderful husband (after all didn't they promise me at least that:) and some great friends. Ten years ago we started at Greenville College on August 30. I became friends with 5 other girls and Shane became friends with 4 other boys. Then we all became friends and eventually some of us dated one another and got married. Anyhow...the summer after our freshman year we started a tradition of going camping every summer. We have done this every year with out fail. Not everyone can make it and there are always new faces when someone else gets married or has a new baby. Oh how things have changed. Our first summer we went to Turkey Run and split the cost of 2 camp sites. We had no money and didn't eat very well that summer. In fact I remember a church was having a pot luck and invited us to join them and then on Sunday we went to Pizza Hut b/c we were out of food. This year we went to a big log cabin near Sullivan, IL on Lake Shelbeyville. We had all of the comforts of home and had more food than any of us knew what to do with...but we still went to Pizza Hut on Sunday for traditions sake. Now I wouldn't call this camping, but it will always be called the FFG (Friends from Greenville) camping trip as a shout out to our first few years. It is always nice to catch up with friends especially when no matter how much time has passed or how much things have changed you never miss a beat. The friends (and of course husband) alone are worth the 18 grand in tuition cost per year.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I got my husband and friends from Greenville College for free:) He-He

Jenny said...

Me too Jody!