Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rootbeer snob

Shane has become a rootbeer snob. We were talking tonight with our good friends, the Laughlins about how this originated . I can remember taste testing a few in college with him, but he started to really like rootbeer once we tried a birchbeer. Which if you ever have the chance, try one they are worth a try.
A few days ago we had a rootbeer taste test. We bought 3 of our favorite rootbeers. We poured them into three different cups and kept track of what was in each other's cups. We then picked our favorite of the three. Can I have a drum roll please...Shane went with the Berghoff and I stuck to my previous favorite Goose Island. Goose Island also makes a great Orange and Grape soda. Boylan's came in third, but they make a great birchbeer.
You may be wondering where can you find these kinds of rootbeers. Well we wondered that too, until we found a little farmer's market on the side of the road in Hamel that carries a ton of root beer/specialty sodas. Who knew?!
On a side note this is day 7 without soda for me. 21 more days for me to go until I have decided that I can have another. I love soda but I don't love to be addicted to soda. I think the headaches are behind me. But all this soda talk really is giving me a craving. I guess I'll have to wait 21 more days to have a rootbeer taste test with any of you.

2 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

Where might I ask, do you get these gourmet rootbeers?

cressfamily said...

other than the Farmer's market in Hamel I mentioned, I've seen them at The World Market and Trader Joe's.