My appointment was at 10:15 so I started getting the kids in the car at 9:30. Then I put Strider in the car (he is always excited to go somewhere). Then I took a deep breath and began to look for Caspian. Caspian HATES the vet. I picked him up, but as soon as he caught site of the kennel he jumped out of my arms and ran downstairs. I went downstairs and chased him all through the basement. Then he ran upstairs and got in our dining room. If you have been in our house then you realize that this is an excellent hiding place for a cat... it is joined by a stair well that I have to go through the kitchen to get to, but is just small enough for a cat to get through the rails. So of course, as soon as I go into the dining room he runs through the rails to get onto the stairs. So after many trips running from the dining room through the kitchen and down the stairs, I finally get him into our bedroom and close the door. He runs under the bed and I CAN"T reach him. I start shaking the bed everywhere and finally he emerges. I've got him at this point and take him into the kennel. I quickly realize that he WILL NOT get in the kennel so I get a diaper box. I literally stuff him in the box only to have him emerge through a hole where the handles are. At this point I am scratched up and exhausted as well as Caspian. Plus he has escaped again! So I come up with what I think is a great idea. I got a really tall box with no handles and some tape. I catch him and try to stuff him in and tape him up (I would have made some air holes). Needless to say that didn't work, his head kept popping out of the top before I could get the tape down. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I finally achieve success when I take a blanket throw it over him and roll him up into it. I run to the car holding Caspian with a death grip because it is 9:55 and my kids were getting restless and I still had to drop them off at Julie's before our 10:15 appointment that was in Hillsboro. Everything was smooth sailing after we got into the car. He is now home and hiding from me because of the days events. I bet you wish you were a fly on the wall at my house this morning. You probably would have gotten a pretty good laugh.
Caspian-he may look cute and innocent but he has a darker side... once a year.
2 comments:
I can see you running all over and boy do I have the biggest smile!
I don't know about you but I would of been very frustrated.
Post a Comment