Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mr. Farmer

Here is my husband, the farmer. He comes out once a year at tilling time.
Thank you so much, Shane. You are the best.

I can't wait to garden this year. Last year I was pregnant and the thought of pulling weeds in the hot sun just made me sick thinking about it. So the year off was good, but I am ready to get my thumb dirty again. We'll see what color my thumb is this year. I usually have big aspirations but I can't ever pull them off. The garden is easy, I have found that it is almost impossible to kill vegetables. But flowers...that is a whole other story. I have drastically lowered my expectations (planting very hardy flowers) so maybe this year I will surprise myself. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

lilmoxey said...

Way to go Shane with the tilling! I plan on starting to work in mine tomorrow. Karen I think we need to compare notes!

Jenny said...

At my house, RoundUp makes the roses grow! Not sure why but I wouldn't reccomend that to people who really like their plants.