The Cress family tries to do what we can to recycle. I know global warming is very contraversial. I don't recycle because I am concerned about global warming (but I am at least a little concerned about that possibility). I recylce because I believe it gives respect to God's creation. More than once I have been on a mountain top or at the edge of the ocean and thought, wow God is awesome and his creation is breathtaking. I think it is important to do what we can to preserve what he gave us.
Anyhow, I tell you this because of a situation I was in the other day. I was in Old Navy and the lady checking me out was keeping all of the hangers on my clothes as she was putting them in the bag. I told her that I was glad she let me keep the hangers because we could use them. She said that they have bags of them in the back and just throw them out and if I ever needed hangers I could come in and ask for them. Two thoughts went through my head at this moment. I thought woo-hoo, I'll never have to buy hangers again. I also thought what an incredible waste. So I guess next time you need to buy hangers, don't. Just do your part to reuse and reduce waste by claiming what businesses have deemed trash.
No comments:
Post a Comment